Tips On How To Bathe Your Horse
1. Washing your horse too much can strip his or hers natural oils in their skin. I recommend once a month.
2. Make sure you have a shampoo product just for horses.
3. Get ready to get wet
Use a hose and nozzle and start at the horses legs and work up to his belly. Then start spraying at the back of the horses ears and work your way back to the tail. Do both sides of the horses.
4. Squeeze a quarter amount of shampoo in the buck of water and mix the shampoo until you get suds.
5. Take a sponge or brush and start behind the horses ears. Then work the way down the horses body. Do one side at a time.
6. Rinse: Make sure you get all of the shampoo out of the horse hair, main and tail. If left on, it can cause skin irritation.
7. Repeat 5 and 6 for the other side of the horse
8. Now it’s time to wash the horses face. Tack the sponge with water and wet the face.
9. Take the sponge and soak up some of the water and shampoo and gently wash the horses face. Make sure you do not get the soap in the horses eyes.
10. Rinse the sponge with water and gently wash the shampoo out of the horses hair.
11. To help your horse dry faster, remove all excess water with a sweat scraper.
12. let the horse stand until he is dry.. Never put a horse in a pasture until the horse is completely dry. You will undo the hard work you just have done.
If you have any horse related topics that you are interested to see here, please let us know.